Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daal Recipe

:: Coffeehouse :: Main

Go down

Daal Recipe Empty Daal Recipe

Post  Guest Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:19 am

wash the toor daal (also known as arhar daal) 3-4 times or as needed. You can do this after putting the daal in a pressure cooker container (whose top has been removed).

now add water to the daal. Daal: water ratio should be 1:3.
Add salt, turmeric (haldi), and some large fresh green chillis to the daal + water mixture. (you can cut the green chillis into two pieces and remove the top to get rid of the thing that is hanging out from the chilli). Cook in pressure cooker. three whistles.

For the tarka:
heat a little bit of oil and add zeera (cumin seed). then add finely chopped ginger and garlic. Then add some chopped onions. then when the stuff in the pan begins to turn brownish, add the chopped tomatoes. then when the tomatoes are cooked a little, add a little red chilli powder.

another variety of tarka:
heat a little bit of oil and add a little zeera and then add onions and then add ginger powder (1/4 spoon). then One medium sized tomato or half a large tomato. instead of onion you can add a pinch of asafoetida (heeng). do not use onion if you are using heeng. heeng used while making the tarka should be the same amount as the size of one grain of moong daal. that is, a really small amount.

add tarka to daal. the flavors in the daal will explode. eat with rice.

Back to top Go down

Daal Recipe Empty Re: Daal Recipe

Post  QB Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:13 pm

i love daal chawal. i add just tamatar, haldi, mirchi red and green with heeng jeera kadi patta tadka..
QB
QB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:33 pm

QB wrote:i love daal chawal. i add just tamatar, haldi, mirchi red and green with heeng jeera kadi patta tadka..
How much heeng do you put in the tadka ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down