Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite playback singer of Tamil Nadu's college students

:: Coffeehouse :: Music

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Favorite playback singer of Tamil Nadu's college students - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite playback singer of Tamil Nadu's college students

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:37 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Favorite playback singer of Tamil Nadu's college students - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite playback singer of Tamil Nadu's college students

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:38 am

better audio:

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:38 am

better audio:

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:39 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:39 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:40 am

another (poorer quality) video of the same song for viewing without having to go to youtube:

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:41 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:41 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:45 am

The song Jab Jab Tujhko Chhua (Whenever I touched you)  was deemed too hot by the censors and banned in those days. This led it to be an extremely rare song....The tune was reused to make  Hip Hip Ho Ho Hurrah sung this time by Kishore and Asha for the same situation in the movie.
Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:46 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:46 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:47 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:47 am

"Movie : Jhumroo (1961)
Music Director: Kishore Kumar
Singer : Kishore Kumar
Director: Shankar Mukherjee

Timbkatu is a song from the 1961 movie Jhumroo staring Kishore Kumar and Madhubal. The music of this film was given by Kishore Kumar. The lyrics of this song were penned by Kishore Kumar.
Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:48 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:48 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:49 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:49 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:50 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:50 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:51 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:51 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:52 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:52 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:53 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:53 am

not kk songs but somehow had to go in this thread
Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:54 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:55 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:55 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:56 am

better audio:

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:57 am

this is the now deceased Pakistani singer-turned-preacher Junaid Jamshed paying a tribute to Kishore Kumar (strictly speaking to a particular KK song):

Junaid was not a bad singer himself; this is one of his  songs:

And this is the Kishore song which Junaid refers to in his tribute:

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:57 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:58 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:58 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:59 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:59 am

better audio:

Last edited by Rashmun on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:00 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:01 am

better audio:

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:01 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:02 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:02 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:03 am

Kishore Kumar may be no more, but his voice remains eternal. On his 82nd birth anniversary, we republish the eccentric singer, actor, musician and director's interview with Pritish Nandy that was first printed in the Illustrated Weekly of India in 1985

PN: If you didn't like Bombay, why did you stay back? For fame? For money?
KK: I was conned into it. I only wanted to sing. Never to act. But somehow, thanks to peculiar circumstances, I was persuaded to act in the movies. I hated every moment of it and tried virtually every trick to get out of it. I muffed my lines, pretended to be crazy, shaved my head off, played difficult, began yodelling in the midst of tragic scenes, told Meena Kumari what I was supposed to tell Bina Rai in some other film - but they still wouldn't let me go. I screamed, ranted, went cuckoo. But who cared? They were just determined to make me a star.

PN: Why?
KK: Because I was Dadamoni's brother. And he was a great hero.

PN : But you succeeded, after your fashion...
KK: Of course I did. I was the biggest draw after Dilip Kumar. There were so many films I was doing in those days that I had to run from one set to the other, changing on the way. Imagine me. My shirts flying off, my trousers falling off, my wig coming off while I'm running from one set to the other. Very often I would mix up my lines and look angry in a romantic scene or romantic in the midst of a fierce battle. It was terrible and I hated it. It evoked nightmares of school. Directors were like schoolteachers. Do this. Do that. Don't do this. Don't do that. I dreaded it. That's why I would often escape.

PN: Well, you are notorious for the trouble you give your directors and producers. Why is that?
KK: Nonsense. They give me trouble. You think they give a damn for me? I matter to them only because I sell. Who cared for me during my bad days? Who cares for anyone in this profession?...

PN: So you like nature?
KK: That's why I want to get away to Khandwa. I have lost all touch with nature out here. I tried to dig a canal all around my bungalow out here, so that we could sail gondolas there. The municipality chap would sit and watch and nod his head disapprovingly, while my men would dig and dig. But it didn't work. One day someone found a hand - a skeletal hand- and some toes. After that no one wanted to dig anymore. Anoop, my second brother, came charging with Ganga water and started chanting mantras. He thought this house was built on a graveyard. Perhaps it is. But I lost the chance of making my home like Venice.

PN: People would have thought you crazy. In fact they already do.
KK: Who said I'm crazy. The world is crazy; not me....

Then, there was this interior decorator-a suited, booted fellow who came to see me in a three-piece woollen, Saville Row suit in the thick of summer- and began to lecture me about aesthetics, design, visual sense and all that. After listening to him for about half an hour and trying to figure out what he was saying through his peculiar American accent, I told him that I wanted something very simple for my living room. Just water-several feet deep- and little boats floating around, instead of large sofas. I told him that the centrepiece should be anchored down so that the tea service could be placed on it and all of us could row up to it in our boats and take sips from our cups. But the boats should be properly balanced, I said, otherwise we might whizz past each other and conversation would be difficult. He looked a bit alarmed but that alarm gave way to sheer horror when I began to describe the wall decor. I told him that I wanted live crows hanging from the walls instead of paintings-since I liked nature so much. And, instead of fans, we could have monkeys farting from the ceiling. That's when he slowly backed out from the room with a strange look in his eyes. The last I saw of him was him running out of the front gate, at a pace that would have put an electric train to shame. What's crazy about having a living room like that, you tell me? If he can wear a woollen, three-piece suit in the height of summer, why can't I hang live crows on my walls?...

PN: I believe you are very fussy about money. Once, I’m told. a producer paid you only half your dues and you came to the sets with half your head and half your moustache shaved off. And you told him that when he paid the rest, you would shoot with your face intact…

KK: Why should they take me for granted? These people never pay unless you teach them a lesson. I was shooting in the South once. I think the film was Miss Mary and these chaps kept me waiting in the hotel room for five days without shooting. So I got fed up and started cutting my hair. First I chopped off some hair from the right side of my head and then, to balance it, I chopped off some from the left. By mistake I overdid it. So I cut off some more from the right. Again I overdid it. So I had to cut from the left again. This went on till I had virtually no hair left- and that’s when the call came from the sets. When I turned up the way I was, they all collapsed. That’s how rumours reached Bombay. They said I had gone cuckoo. I didn’t know. I returned and found everyone wishing me from long distance and keeping a safe distance of 10 feet while talking. Even those chaps who would come and embrace me waved out from a distance and said Hi. Then, someone asked me a little hesitantly how I was feeling. I said: Fine. I spoke a little abruptly perhaps. Suddenly I found him turning around and running. Far, far away from me...

KK: Directors know nothing. I never had the privilege of working with any good director. Except Satyen Bose and Bimal Roy, no one even knew the ABC of filmmaking. How can you expect me to give good performances under such directors? Directors like S.D. Narang didn't even know where to place the camera. He would take long, pensive drags from his cigarette, mumble 'Quiet, quiet, quiet' to everyone, walk a couple of furlongs absentmindedly, mutter to himself and then tell the camera man to place the camera wherever he wanted. His standard line to me was: Do something. What something? Come on, some thing! So I would go off on my antics. Is this the way to act? Is this the way to direct a movie? And yet Narangsaab made so many hits!

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/I-screamed-pretended-to-be-crazy-Kishore-Kumar-in-1985/articleshow/9527820.cms

----

When Pritish Nandy interviewed Kishore Kumar for The Illustrated Weekly of India, Asia's oldest and most venerable magazine, it was a stunner. Posing with a skull on the Weekly's cover, the great singer gave Nandy, the magazine's editor, an interview that remains a hallmark of great interviews 24 years later.

In this special feature, exclusive to rediff.com, on the occasion of Kishore Kumar's 80th birth anniversary, Nandy, now a movie-maker himself, salutes the genius's memory.

http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/kishore-kumar-the-only-genius-i-ever-knew/20090805.htm
Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:04 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:04 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:09 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:09 am

better audio:

another version of this song:

Last edited by Rashmun on Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashmun Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:10 am

Rashmun
Rashmun

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next