Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pasta sauce

2 posters

:: Coffeehouse :: Main

Go down

Pasta sauce Empty Pasta sauce

Post  Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:35 pm

i like putting garlic and mushrooms in my pasta sauce. occasionally i put bell peppers (Capsicum) of different colors. I also put feta cheese. This is low fat, high protein and makes the pasta sauce a more nutritionally complete meal besides adding to the taste and flavor. I have this typically with whole wheat pasta. occasionally i might have a side salad and also some french cheese to accompany the pasta.

What do you put in the pasta sauce you make?

Back to top Go down

Pasta sauce Empty Re: Pasta sauce

Post  WillyNilly Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Rashmun wrote:i like putting garlic and mushrooms in my pasta sauce. occasionally i put bell peppers (Capsicum) of different colors. I also put feta cheese. This is low fat, high protein and makes the pasta sauce a more nutritionally complete meal besides adding to the taste and flavor. I have this typically with whole wheat pasta. occasionally i might have a side salad and also some french cheese to accompany the pasta.

i make a quickie with garlic, tomatoes, and tuna fish. on occasion, i add green bell peppers. the tomatoes should be ripe, red, and plump; canned tomatoes are fine. use the water that comes with the tomatoes in the can. the tuna fish is canned, and makes a splendid combination with the tomatoes. good olive oil is key. i like to keep this sauce simple.

try it with rotelle. that's my favourite pasta. red, italian wine goes well with it.
WillyNilly
WillyNilly

Back to top Go down

Post  QB Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:24 pm

I add garlic, olive oil, and grated 'gouda' cheese to the marinara sauce ( mostly mario batalli brand) that i bought from oakdale cheese factory near yosemite..i buy lots of cheese and store it in my refrigerator. its the best cheese i have ever tasted..even though its full fat cheese but it has lots of good nutritional value and has proven to reduce inflamation in heart plus it enhances the taste of pasta sauce.

QB
QB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:10 pm

QB wrote:I add garlic, olive oil, and grated 'gouda' cheese to the marinara sauce ( mostly mario batalli brand) that i bought from oakdale cheese factory near yosemite..i buy lots of cheese and store it in my refrigerator. its the best cheese i have ever tasted..even though its full fat cheese but it has lots of good nutritional value and has proven to reduce inflamation in heart plus it enhances the taste of pasta sauce.

i prefer feta cheese in my pasta sauce. occasionally i have my pasta with some french cheese--either Comte or Camembert (my favourites when it comes to cheese) and also some salad. On another note, having tomato based pasta sauces is good for you:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19869666

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:11 pm

Rashmun wrote:i like putting garlic and mushrooms in my pasta sauce. occasionally i put bell peppers (Capsicum) of different colors. I also put feta cheese. This is low fat, high protein and makes the pasta sauce a more nutritionally complete meal besides adding to the taste and flavor. I have this typically with whole wheat pasta. occasionally i might have a side salad and also some french cheese to accompany the pasta.

made pasta sauce again this week-end. with garlic, portobello mushroom, bell peppers, fresh ginger, and fat free feta cheese.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Coffeehouse :: Main

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum