Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Willy] Concerning Max

:: Coffeehouse :: Main

Go down

[Willy] Concerning Max Empty [Willy] Concerning Max

Post  Guest Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:13 am

In another forum, Max writes:

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

there are three categories of people who prefer the term hindustan for india:

-- northindian hindus
-- pakistanis (to distinguish themselves as being from a place not of the hindus)
-- southern indian toadies, particularly tamil brahmin men from an older generation who have lived long outside of TN and served in organizations like the merchant navy.

i reject the term hindustan. there is no question of a language of india. there never will be.

http://such.forumotion.com/t5730p400-telangana-telugu-an-offshoot-of-dakhni#63938

I would like to ask Willy whether, and to what extent, he agrees (or disagrees) with Max.

Back to top Go down

[Willy] Concerning Max Empty Re: [Willy] Concerning Max

Post  Guest Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:22 am

Regional
Karunanidhi recites Hindi poem in public

Chennai, Oct. 1 (PTI): Under attack over his recent remarks on Lord Ram and the strong reaction they evoked in the North, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi has apparently sought to reach out to his detractors by reciting a Hindi poem in a public meeting, an unprecedented act on the part of Dravidian leader known once for his strong anti-Hindi stance.

Addressing a public meeting late last night in support of the demand for speedy implementation of the Sethusamudram project, he surprised the audience by asking them to join him in reciting the poem.

"Hindustan hai desh hamara, janse apne humko pyara. Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Isaai aapas main hain bhai bhai. Bhai hoga bhai hamara, aisa hoga chalan hamara (India is our country and we love it more than our lives. Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs and Christians are all brothers. Brothers will be brothers, such will be our conduct).

In the meeting he also chided "communal" forces for invoking the name of Ram for putting "obstacles" in the Sethusamudram project. He said the same communal forces had killed Mahatma Gandhi when he was uttering the name of Ram while singing a bhajan

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/004200710011210.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  WillyNilly Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:27 pm

Rashmun wrote:In another forum, Max writes:

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

-- northindian hindus
-- pakistanis (to distinguish themselves as being from a place not of the hindus)
-- southern indian toadies, particularly tamil brahmin men from an older generation who have lived long outside of TN and served in organizations like the merchant navy.

i reject the term hindustan. there is no question of a language of india. there never will be.

http://such.forumotion.com/t5730p400-telangana-telugu-an-offshoot-of-dakhni#63938

I would like to ask Willy whether, and to what extent, he agrees (or disagrees) with Max.
i've never heard any southern indian refer to india as hindustan; i don't remember many north indians doing so either. i may, however, have heard north indians recite poems or quote passages in which "hindustan" is referred to. i myself have never used the word except in reference to the make of the box-like car that was ubiquitous in india.
WillyNilly
WillyNilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:48 pm

WillyNilly wrote:
Rashmun wrote:In another forum, Max writes:

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

-- northindian hindus

i've never heard any southern indian refer to india as hindustan; i don't remember many north indians doing so either. i may, however, have heard north indians recite poems or quote passages in which "hindustan" is referred to. i myself have never used the word except in reference to the make of the box-like car that was ubiquitous in india.

Willy in this thread itself i gave a poem written by the former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu who used the word 'Hindustan' in his poetry.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Coffeehouse :: Main

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum