Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sensational Vijay Amritraj defeats Bjorn Borg

:: Coffeehouse :: Main

Go down

Sensational Vijay Amritraj defeats Bjorn Borg Empty Sensational Vijay Amritraj defeats Bjorn Borg

Post  Guest Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:59 pm

In 1974, Vijay Amritraj defeated Bjorn Borg in a match they played. Amritraj was 21 years old at the time. Amritraj at his best really does come across as a formidable player with a fine technique and temperament. At one time i am informed that people used to talk of the ABC's of tennis in the world. The A, B, and C referred to Amritraj, Borg, and Connors. Unfortunately, Amritraj started neglecting his tennis and opting for acting in movies (like the James Bond movie Octopussy) and other non-tennis activities and this proved detrimental to his tennis career.

Back to top Go down

Sensational Vijay Amritraj defeats Bjorn Borg Empty Re: Sensational Vijay Amritraj defeats Bjorn Borg

Post  Guest Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:01 pm

Rashmun wrote:In 1974, Vijay Amritraj defeated Bjorn Borg in a match they played. Amritraj was 21 years old at the time. Amritraj at his best really does come across as a formidable player with a fine technique and temperament. At one time i am informed that people used to talk of the ABC's of tennis in the world. The A, B, and C referred to Amritraj, Borg, and Connors. Unfortunately, Amritraj started neglecting his tennis and opting for acting in movies (like the James Bond movie Octopussy) and other non-tennis activities and this proved detrimental to his tennis career.

On a side note, i have played tennis with better rackets (i.e. graphite rackets) than the ones Amritraj and Borg are using.

Back to top Go down

:: Coffeehouse :: Main

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum