Sensational Vijay Amritraj defeats Bjorn Borg

:: Coffeehouse :: Main

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sensational Vijay Amritraj defeats Bjorn Borg

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:59 pm

In 1974, Vijay Amritraj defeated Bjorn Borg in a match they played. Amritraj was 21 years old at the time. Amritraj at his best really does come across as a formidable player with a fine technique and temperament. At one time i am informed that people used to talk of the ABC's of tennis in the world. The A, B, and C referred to Amritraj, Borg, and Connors. Unfortunately, Amritraj started neglecting his tennis and opting for acting in movies (like the James Bond movie Octopussy) and other non-tennis activities and this proved detrimental to his tennis career.

Back to top Go down

Re: Sensational Vijay Amritraj defeats Bjorn Borg

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:01 pm

Rashmun wrote:In 1974, Vijay Amritraj defeated Bjorn Borg in a match they played. Amritraj was 21 years old at the time. Amritraj at his best really does come across as a formidable player with a fine technique and temperament. At one time i am informed that people used to talk of the ABC's of tennis in the world. The A, B, and C referred to Amritraj, Borg, and Connors. Unfortunately, Amritraj started neglecting his tennis and opting for acting in movies (like the James Bond movie Octopussy) and other non-tennis activities and this proved detrimental to his tennis career.

On a side note, i have played tennis with better rackets (i.e. graphite rackets) than the ones Amritraj and Borg are using.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: Coffeehouse :: Main

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum