Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arasiyalle Hindi vendaamnu solvaanga, aanaa engalikku business pananum. Adnaal kathukitten.

:: Coffeehouse :: Main

Go down

Arasiyalle Hindi vendaamnu solvaanga, aanaa engalikku business pananum. Adnaal kathukitten. Empty Arasiyalle Hindi vendaamnu solvaanga, aanaa engalikku business pananum. Adnaal kathukitten.

Post  Guest Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:12 pm

When I was Chief Justice of the Madras High Court, I once went to a shop in Madurai. To my surprise I heard the Tamilian shopkeeper speaking to someone on the telephone in Hindi. Since I had picked up some Tamil I said to him, “Romba nalla Hindi pesreenga. Eppadi? (You are speaking such good Hindi. How is that?”) He replied, “Arasiyalle Hindi vendaamnu solvaanga, aanaa engalikku business pananum. Adnaal kathukitten. (Politicians say that we do not want Hindi, but we have to do business. So I have learnt Hindi”). I think this shopkeeper had more sense than those who oppose Hindi.

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/think-rationally-about-learning-hindi-and-it-will-make-sense/article3942784.ece

Back to top Go down